Beet Seeds , Cylindra Beet 200 Seeds
Regular price $4.98 Sale price
This beet is made for slicing!
A unique long and cylindrical beet gives 3 to 4 times more uniform slices than round beets. Sweet, dark red roots are 8" long, 1 3/4" across. GROWING HINTS: Baby beets make excellent eating, and harvesting them helps the remaining beets grow better. When planting, mix beet seeds with fast-sprouting radish seeds to mark the rows. Grows best in full sun.
How to Sow and Plant
- Sow beet seeds in well-worked, well-drained soil in full sun after danger of frost in spring. In frost free areas, sow in fall.
- Beets are sensitive to acidic soils and prefer a pH of 6.0 – 7.0. If your soil is more acidic, add Garden Lime as directed on the bag.
- Sow thinly in rows 12 inches apart and cover with ½ inches of fine soil. Firm lightly and keep evenly moist.
- Seedlings emerge in 14-21 days.
- Thin to stand about 3" apart when seedlings are 1-2" tall. Note that beet seeds are actually clusters of seeds and require more thinning than other crops.