Bean Seeds , Early Bush Italian 50 Seeds
Regular price $4.98
Flat Italian beans have the best bean flavor, and this one is the tastiest.
HEIRLOOM. Early Bush Italian is a great Burpee variety that is easy to grow and quick to yield. The 16-18" plants are erect, so its easy to pick the 5 1/2" long beans. The pods remain stringless and are excellent frozen. For robust bean flavor, make this bean your first choice. Plants yield early and need no support.
How to Sow and Plant
- Because beans are members of the legume family of plants, they can benefit from an application of a soil inoculant designed for beans and peas, prior to planting. The inoculant will enable the plants to take nitrogen from the air to use as fertilizer, which can increase crop yield and quality.
- Sow in average soil in a sunny location after danger of frost and soil has warmed, from spring to early summer. Sow after the soil has warmed, as seeds may rot in cooler soils.
- Coat untreated seed with an inoculant.
- Sow in rows 24 inches apart. Sow seeds 3 inches apart and cover with 2 inches of fine soil. Firm lightly and water gently.
- Seedlings emerge in 10-14 days depending on soil and weather conditions.
- Keep sowing bean seeds every 2 weeks for a constant supply of beans.
- Thin gradually to stand 12 inches apart when seedlings are 1-2 inches high.